Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Parting Shots

Although Penny, Amy, and I had a great time in Minneapolis at the GOP Convention, I can't say I am sorry it is over. I think we definitely left a mark at the convention and took advantage of some great opportunities to network with policy makers and other advocates; but it was exhausting.

Penny made some great connections with several key nursing and health care leaders who were interested in working with AOTA for mutual benefit. Amy and I got a chance to meet Members of Congress outside the Beltway, and that helped demonstrate AOTA's national reach.

In fact, the whole thing is so exhausting I am off at Rehoboth Beach, DE to recharge and prepare myself for Hill Day on Monday, September 22. This year's event is going to be big, with over 150 RSVP's already. If you like politics, Washington, or even if you just think it's important to be an advocate for your profession and patients, then join us in Washington on the 22nd. More information is on AOTA's Legislative Action Center at: http://capwiz.com/aota/issues/alert/?alertid=11627416

And now that I have internet access that really works, here is a youtube link to John Rich's Raising McCain video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKgITJejfg

Thanks for reading. I hope the posts informed you about activities, but more importantly I hope it made you laugh a bit. Now just be sure to do your part and VOTE!!!!

Let us know at aotpac@aota.org if you would like to see a policy & politics blog continue from AOTPAC/AOTA.
Thanks, We'll do it again in 4 years! (Thank goodness!)--- Tim

No comments: